Cryptobiotix – Ghent, Belgium
We are looking for a skilled scientific writer that masters the interpretation of complex gut microbiome datasets (metabolomics, metagenomics, …) and that has an excellent scientific knowledge with respect to the human gut microbiome and its interplay with the host.
Key aspects of the job will involve the processing and interpretation of datasets generated with the novel SIFR® technology for food tech and biotech companies in the microbiome space.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Efficiently interpret data and describe complex datasets in a clear manner
• Write complete scientific reports (internal, external, and peer-reviewed A1 publications)
You will report to the CSO and will closely collaborate with him and our Gut Microbiome Scientist as part of the scientific data & reporting team.
Your work will require a lot of autonomy, but you can count on the support of our team. We also want to support you in your career path and understand how we can have you on board for the long run. We are a start-up, and we approach this individually for each employee.
In summary, the position can be compared with a postdoctoral position, yet tackling both fundamental and applied research questions.
Experience and education requirements
– PhD in biological sciences
o Ideally gut microbiome, but other relevant fields include biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology…
– Track record as scientific writer (multiple peer-reviewed A1 publications)
– English mastery, Dutch proficiency is a plus
– Ability to prioritise and work efficiently towards meeting planned deadlines
– Excellent team worker who is not afraid to take the lead
– Quality-oriented mindset with strong attention to detail
– Curious and willing to stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry
– Expertise related to the gut (microbiota)
– Previous project management experience
– Prior industrial experience: 2-4 years
– Experience working in an international and multi-cultural environment